Earth day and I helped plant the garlic

Sunday, April 22, 2012



Due to a high level of stress I put myself under, which has started to take toll on my health, M. insisted we spend the entire weekend in the nature

On Saturday, he took me out for an early morning walk in Čavljak. It was wonderful. The weather was chilly yet sunny, and we were pretty much the only people there. Fresh air, silence - I wasn't even allowed to take my camera (I ended up taking a few photos with my phone of a turquoise egg shell with mini brown spots which has, apparently, fallen out of a bird's nest - I had to). There was still some snow here and there, and plenty of mud in the shade, but walking around in my rubber boots had its childish charm.


*****


Zadnjih je dana (mjeseci) bilo puno stresa, i moj organizam je već počeo da reaguje. Zbog toga je M. insistirao da se ovaj vikend odmorim i da što više vremena provedemo u prirodi

U subotu je predložio da odemo prošetati na Čavljak. Kakva divna ideja. Vrijeme je bilo svježe ali sunčano, a obzirom da smo poranili imali smo osjećaj da smo sami na svijetu. Čist, ugodan zrak i tišina - čak me zamolio da ne nosim ni fotoaparat (na kraju sam morala da mobilnim telefonom uslikam predivnu tirkiznoplavu školjku jajeta sa smeđim tačkicama koju smo našli u travi a koja je vjerovatno ispala iz nekog gnjezda - to sam zaista morala). Ponegdje smo morali proći kroz malo snijega, a dijelove puta koji su u hladu prešli smo bezbrižno i dječije hodajući kroz blato.


We spend Sunday at the weekend house doing more work in the field and enjoying quality time with the family. Everyone was happy to be out on a sunny day. 

Much of the planting is underway - M.'s grandfather asked me to help by separating a few of the garlic bulbs for planting. I took them apart with my hands, which left white dust on my skin, along with subtle garlic smell. I couldn't help thinking that each individual clove will come to be a full bulb with many more cloves. Nature is still a true wonder to me.


*****


Nedjelju smo proveli na vikendici, radeći u polju i družeći se sa porodicom. Svima je bilo drago što je dan lijep i što smo tu skupa. 

Radovi na sađenju se nastavljaju - M.-ov dedo me zamolio da raskomadam glavice bijelog luka kako bi se on mogao posaditi. Razdvajala sam ih rukama što je ostavilo bijeli prah i gotovo neznatan miris bijelog luka na mojoj koži. Nisam mogla da ne pomislim kako će od svake čehne niknuti glavica sa još više istih. Priroda je zaista zadivljujuća.


I walked around and made some photos. Our bees were busily harvesting their food from the pink and white tree blossoms. I came as close as I could, watching their hard work. The gentle and somehow modest smell of blossoms surprised me.

Hope you too found a way to reconnect with the nature for Earth Day. Really, don't we want to preserve it in all its beauty?


*****


Šetala sam i fotografisala. Pčele su vrijedno skupljale svoju hranu sa grana prekrivenih bijelim i rozim beharom. Približila sam im se koliko sam mogla i posmatrala njihov rad. Lagan, i na neki način zatomljen miris behara me u trenutku iznenadio.

Nadam se da ste i vi našli neki način da se vratite prirodi za Dan planete Zemlje. Zar je ne želimo sačuvati u svoj njenoj ljepoti?


No comments:

Post a Comment